Sadly, we lost Ella (formerly Daisy in the pictures below) last night. I was awful and really sad. As it became apparent she was going down hill and not going to make it, Hillary and I held her for hours until she passed. She died very painfully, I don't know what was wrong, but she was bleeding out her nose and mouth and had such difficulty breathing. I hope to never have to do that again, and I can't imagine having to do that with a human. Part of me wishes I'd never taken them in because I am surprisingly so attached to these little babies and seeing one die was devastating. But the other part of me says, like the Garth Brooks song, "I could have missed the pain, But I'd of had to miss the dance".
6 comments:
SO SAD! Especially that she had to suffer and you and Hillary had to watch. Not fair. I have never watched something die. That must have been so hard for you and Hillary. It seems odd that she seemed to be thriving and then passed a few days later. I hope the other two fare better. Cool Garth Brooks line. Seein' as I don't like country music, I have never heard that song.
That is heartbreaking. I can't imagine that with a human either.
I don't know if your last line was supposed to be funny at all, but it cracked me up for some reason.
I hope the other ones live long and prosper!
"I could have missed the painful eardrums, But I'd of had to miss the Garth Brooks song".
That is sad. Kitties are cute.
I had a bad experience with a kitten death on my mission. Maybe I'll have Mandi blog about it, cause she's a better writer, and I wouldnt do it justice.
the next day i read my blog and read heidi's comment about was i serious about the song. sadly, at the time i was serious. when i reread the blog i realize it's time to fill my hormone replacement rx because clearly, i'm far to emotional, something i never am. good grief. we lost daisy on tuesday morning, it was sad, but no tears and i'm sorry, no garth brooks song to end the scene with. how about the meow mix song? meow meow meow meow etc.
Make the hurt go away! I need you to post something happy.
That's funny about that song. Once a guy I broke up with wrote that line to me in a letter and I remember thinking, "What an a-hole." But I don't think that about you.
Post a Comment