Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Latest Cakes











Valerie & Mike promised not to mock me if I post my cake pictures. I don't have anything to blog about and I lead a thankfully dull life, so the only interesting thing besides my kids are my cakes. Indulge me. I am not modest like Gary.

9 comments:

Pam and Rand said...

Lisa - these cakes are really amazing! Lucky Joan - what a pretty cake. I can't believe you can make the exact shape of the car - HOW??? I can't imagine all the hours - I think the top is my favorite - was it a wedding cake?

sugarbritches said...

Actually it was for our womens new beginnings night, it was a black and white theme. kind of elaborate for young womens but i get carried away.

heidi said...

Those are so awesome Lisa. You are seriously talented. I can't believe how lucky people are to get such amazing cakes at such insanely low prices. Our wedding cake and the cake you made for Mia's 1st birthday were PERFECT. I need to post pictures of them.

holly fay said...

Lisa you are one talented woman! I love the black and white cake, it is so fancy. We had peanuts and fruit at our New Beginnings.......

The Hyatt's said...

How did you make the car on top of that cake? That is really quite amazing. Sunny and I were just talking about the difference between the young men/young womens program. While the young women make elaborately beautiful creations (such as your cake), the young men take their boys to Dairy Queen for a plain vanilla ice cream cone. I do have to say, that I don't think I'd have the heart to cut that cake. It would be like spray painting over a Monet.

mandi said...

Lisa. Those cakes leave me speechless. HOW DO YOU DO THAT?? They are so beautiful!! I can't even imagine how long that would take. Whenever I "decorate cakes" it takes me forever and I start hating the cake AND the person I'm making it for and vow to never do it again. They sometimes turn out semi-cute, but often semi-retarded - so I just want to know how you do it! You're such an artist - they are incredible!

I have to tell you that Heidi asked me to make Mia's first birthday cake, (I think to not hurt my feelings by always asking you) and I said I would, but after a few days of thinking about it, I thought...uh, I better let Lisa do it. And THANK THE HEAVENS ABOVE that I decided that. I couldn't have even dreamed a cake that cute up - it was SO PERFECT. AND it was extremely delicious! Like a totally professional cake through and through. Why are you not making tons of money with your own cake shop? Or maybe you do, I don't know. But if you're making that for New Beginnings....HOLY CRAP. Anyway...you're awesome.

wahwee said...

B I T E M E ! ! ! !

There. Was that better? Now that you're not dead, let's rumble.

sugarbritches said...

Oh yeah? up yours! bring it on! See? we should have been doing this for weeks! I missed a verbal brawl!

wahwee said...

Forget a verbal brawl. Let's wait for you to heal and we'll have a physical brawl. You bring it on!