Friday, August 18, 2006

Everybody HATES a clown


So, my presidency and I were discussing our September primary activity. We are having a carnival which is kind of a cop out since our last activity was tons of work and we have to hurry and have another one in September, then another in December. Anyhoo, as we discussed plans, one of my counselors said she thought we should all dress up as clowns. I freaked. I said, absolutely NOT!!!! I hate clowns, I will NOT dress up as one at all! Dress me up as the naked fat lady side show ANYTHING but a clown! My counselor was very deflated and said quietly, never mind. I said she could dress up but I wouldn't. But she said no. I felt bad. Am I the only one who hates clowns? They aren't cute and fun. They are scary to me. They seem like pediphiles too. Even if they seem cute, they are annoying and really bother me. I remember watching Little House on the Prairie when some guy with a clown mask attacked this girl. It was scary. Back when Hometown Buffet first opened they used to have this stupid clown lady named bubbles or something stupid like that, wander around and do balloon creatures for the kids. I would run away when she came, hiding in the bathroom or getting more food or something. They just bother me. One time my Mom, Ryan, Hillary and I went to a spook alley thing at Thanksgiving Point about 6 years ago and they had a clever super scary theme. Clowns. All clowns. Different scary clowns through the whole thing. We were so scared we were laughing so hard my Mom wet her pants. Sorry Mom. I wet mine too, but just for fun. Mimes are horrible too. Does anyone like a mime? When I see a mime I just want to pinch their head right off. Go away scary clown.

9 comments:

heidi said...

I don't like clowns either and I'm really disturbed by this woman who WANTED to dress up like a clown. That's just not right.

mandi said...

I agree! Clowns are super scary. Never funny. That would be hard to discourage really bad ideas without hurting feelings.

That's hilarious that your mom peed her pants! It was supportive of you to pee yours, too. My mom also has a history of laughing and peeing.

Jaime said...

I hate clowns too. Do kids even like them? Mine are freaked out whenever they see a clown. Not cool.

I can't make fun of mom peeing her pants anymore! It's a sad thing for me. I went to YW's and they were doing double dutch and they wanted me to try, so I did and what do you know. I totally peed. I hurried to the bathroom and had to sneak away to change. I'm so old.

Pam and Rand said...

Clowns are very annoying - not cute and funny. I remember having to do a mime thing in speech class. No one had a clue about what I was doing - totally embarrassing! Hey isn't that playing charades? I'm just not comfortable being uninhibited. I'm glad to hear of others having the laugh-pee thing. Don't worry Jaim - I think I've gotten better as I've gotten older not worse. Don't buy the depends supply too soon.

Zak said...

I hate clowns. Seriously I don't know anybody who thinks they are funny or amusing... just really creepy. I am SO glad that I don't pee when I laugh.

Mooryan said...

amen to that zak. yeah. i have always hated clowns. freak me out. let break it down. a grown man who puts on makeup and a wig and seeks out children. i can verify of that horrific clown experience. actually. i don't want to talk about it. my therapist said not to bring it up. so i won't. heehee. i love when i wet my pants for fun. i thought i was the only one though! lisa, we are totally related.

Loud Boy said...

I know what I going to be for Halloween this year!

Loud Boy said...

I hope you feel bad now . . .


Kids Watch As Clown Is Crushed to Death
By Associated Press
Tue Aug 29, 6:07 AM

DUBLIN, Ireland - A hot-air balloon caught fire during a circus stunt, killing a clown acrobat as dozens of children watched, police said Tuesday.

The accident happened Monday night as the Royal Russian Circus was performing in Scariff, County Clare, a village in western Ireland. About 100 people were in the audience, most of them children. Police said the clown was a 26-year-old man from Belarus but didn't release his name.

Witnesses said the man, dressed in a clown outfit, was hanging from a cage suspended by ropes and a hot-air balloon inside the canvas tent. When the balloon exploded in flames, the cage fell on top of the man.

The man's wife, who was also part of the act, suffered a broken arm, police said.

"We were all sitting down and they were doing their act. They were up fairly high, but they were doing fine. Next thing, he was down on the ground," said audience member Hazel Harrington. She said many people in the audience initially thought the falling cage was part of the act.

About a half-dozen circuses, employing mostly Eastern European performers, tour Ireland each summer.

sugarbritches said...

I'm sorry but I don't feel bad. Good riddance evil clown.