Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How do you know when Blue Cheese is Bad?

I bought a big tub of crumbled (I decided I hate that word, it goes in the "moist, crisp category..shudder) blue cheese. I used half the tub. It's been in my fridge for a a month or two. How do I know when it's bad? It looks moldy when it's brand new? How do I eat a product that I purposely buy moldy? It's a crazy world.

9 comments:

Loud Boy said...

Blue Cheese is always bad!

mandi said...

Agreed!

Pam and Rand said...

I like blue cheese, but I guess the real test might be if it makes you gag it's probably time to throw it out - if not you're good to enjoy.

heidi said...

I really wish there was a book just to tell you how to know when things are bad. I'm wondering right now if the bottle of pesto I bought 2 and a half weeks ago is bad or not. We should get Martha to do it.

Jaime said...

I've never dared try blue cheese. The dressing makes me gag. Does it smell different? I have the best nose -that's how I know if things have gone bad.

Loud Boy said...

Blue cheese is bad when it sits stagnant as long as your blog has . . . POST LISA POST!

Mooryan said...

eww...i think this blog has gone bad! it is starting to smell! oh wait, that is my flavor...sorry. blog's cool.

mandi said...

Lisa, are you dead? I hope not.

Lately I've been watching those crazy cake competitions on the Food Network and I always think of you. You should totally do that! That would be awesome.

I also noticed that Lagoon's Frightmares is full of scary clowns this year. Once again, I thought of you and the peeing you'd be doing there. Anyway, I hope you blog again someday!

Montgomery Q said...

How can you tell if sour cream has gone bad?

OK, really, Lisa, take your time on a new post.