skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Whenever
If I hear another idiot use the word "whenever" in the wrong context again I swear I'll poke someones eyes out!!! An appropriate use of the word would be, "Whenever someone uses the word"whenever" incorrectly, I have a freakin fit." If you want examples of inappropriate use of the word, just watch Judge Judy or Maury Povich. "So whenever my baby mama scratched out my girlfriend eyes..." Or, "Whenever I paid the rent for September, my baby daddy didn't pay none of it." Whenever? Did you scratch her eyes out often enough that you can say, whenever, like it was a daily occurance? Did you pay the rent for September all the time, enough to warrant the phrase, whenever I paid...? What a DS. I actually heard and onsite reporter use the "whenever" word last night, I just couldn't believe it. He said something like, "Whenever the suspect was caught he proclaimed his innocence." I am officially that spinster old school marm, Miss Wilder.
1 comment:
Okay, that's really weird and annoying. I'll have to pay more attention because I haven't noticed that.
Something that flabbergasted me was when I was dating this guy that used the term "borrow" incorrectly. It drove me crazy, but once when we were on a double date he was talking about how he "borrowed" this guy his bike. Then his friend says, "So you borrowed it to him and blah, blah, blah?" and then the friend's wife said it too! I felt like I was in some weird white trash world of high school drop-outs.
...not that I'm always grammatically correct...
Post a Comment