Like Mandoo, I too want to use my blog as a pseudo-journal because I never write in mine. If I don't write it here I will forget every cute thing cayden does, things I say I'll NEVER forget but it's easy to do. With Hillary I kept a journal better than I do now. Anyhoo, I'm going to copy mandoo and write about cayden:
My favorite thing he says to me when he's mad at me is "I don't have your heart anymore". I love the he uses "heart" frequently to express his feelings. When Hillary first went to college and was gone a whole week, we picked her up and cayden was clearly happy. He said, "Sissy, I have your heart", which means, he loves her. sOOOO cute. But he either does or does not have "your heart" depending upon if he's happy with you or not.
Every night, Tom has to announce Cayden before he gets in to bed (yes, still our bed - shut up). He won't go to bed until he does, when Tom's out of town, it's my turn. The announcement goes something like this, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the world wide naked wrestling federation" (it started after he had taken a bath and wouldn't get dressed). Then we say, "presenting, killer cayden or crusher cayden" or something like that.
One night tom was being a poo and having a tantrum over something and I told him not to be a baby. Later cayden came and punched me (part of the wrestling thing - oh yeah, we have to wrestle after the announcement-every night). I told him not to be mean daddy (yeah I know, BAD thing to say, but I was mad, I regret it). He got really upset and said, "I WANT TO BE LIKE DADDY, I said, good but not mean daddy, he said I want to be like daddy all the time! I want to be like mean daddy and good daddy! It was so cute and a good lesson, he loves his dad always and wants to be like him and I shouldn't ever criticize tom in front of him.
Everytime we go to a restaurant, we get him a kids meal, why? because............um........so we feel like we made an effort to get him to eat? I don't know. he NEVER eats. all he wants is pancakes, waffles, chicken nuggets and fries - from mcdonalds. So we leave the restaurant holding 100% of his kids meal in a takeout box. We get in the car, cayden then says, "I'm starving! I need dinner". sigh.
Everyone morning when he wakes up, he immediately flies out of bed and has to put on his uniform. His uniform consists of "little pants". Little pants must be short, and made of a knit type fabric, but cotton will do in a pinch (like boxers). Little pants may not contain, pockets, zippers or any other embellishments. They cannot be jeans or chino type shorts at all. They can be basketball shorts, unless they have pockets. The best "little pants" are pajama shorts, these are the most preferred. Now for the shirt. We have a bit more flexiblility on the shirts, but not much. They must generally be orange, luckily I love orange and he has many orange shirts. They must be a tee shirt, no pockets, buttons, embellishments etc. And must have short sleeves. They must have a picture on it though, so that's sort of an embellishment. His favorite is this attrocious sleeveless "wife beater" tank shirt that tom got at walmart after cayden dumped a whole sprite on his shirt during a BYU football game.
He still holds my hair when he sleeps , but not as much as he used to. I will miss that when it's gone.
That's all for this minute, I could go on for hours, but i'll space it out.
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2026
5 months ago
3 comments:
I'm glad you copied me, because I miss your posts! I loved all of those things - he's so cute! And I enjoy that you're calling me mandoo. Sugarbritches, your blog has my heart.
Yes, good to see you back - I miss your posts too.
That whole World Wide Naked Wrestling thing...so weird - that's what Troy says evry time he comes to bed!!! I love that Cayden is still in your bed. Cameron loves to sleep with me when Troy is gone and he's almost 11. When he doesn't want to slep with me - I miss it!
Cameron is also a non-eater and an extremely picky dresser. We need to talk.
We also need a picture of the wife-beater tee on your blog!
Hey Muse... I can totally relate to the non-eaten happy meal, ugh! Maybe we'll have to team up and eat at Artic Circle again. Only the lady that works there creeps me out and I haven't been back since. (she asked if she could feed my baby ice cream, he was only four months old) Some people are just weird. But you're a good kind of weird and that's why I love you. Loved this post!!!
Post a Comment