Saturday, October 06, 2007

Latest Tom-ism

I needed to clean the house, but if you've read my blog you know I need a diet coke to start and it must be a fountain drink. I told Tom I was going to get a drink and to watch Cayden. He was engrossed in his football game but DID respond ok. I started to back out of the driveway when Cayden came running into the garage in his jammies and barefeet crying. He wanted to come with me, my little social boy who always wants to go somewhere and do something. I put him in the car and waited a minute for Tom to come out looking for him. No Tom. So I left. I thought about calling Tom but decided to wait to see if he would call me. I wanted to see if he'd notice Cayden wasn't there. No call. So we went to McDonalds, stopped at Nat's house to borrow a carpet cleaner and headed home. Finally I called Tom and being the part German that I am, needing to teach others a lesson, decided to test him. "Tom, go ask Cayden if he wants a Happy Meal". I hear him looking around and calling him. He comes back. "He's not answering" "Well go find him" "No, just get him one".....pause....."Do you realize Cayden isn't even there?" "He's not?" "No, I can't believe you didn't notice he was gone!" "Why didn't you tell me?" "I wanted to see if you'd notice" and TA DA...words of wisdom...."Well I would have noticed he wasn't here if you'd told me!" Oh. Ok. I'll remember that. Sharp as a tack, that one.

11 comments:

biscuit said...

tahts funny

dishes and laundry said...

I love it - so much fun to mess with the men!

wahwee said...

"Daddy's asleep!" "Daddy's asleep!" What a gomer.

dishes and laundry said...

Did you ever figure out who Pennywise is? Hmmmm? Bet you won't sleep tonight if you do...

mandi said...

Lisa, this is SO FUNNY! I can totally relate. Whenever I leave and Paul's glued to the TV, I just pray that the kids will still be alive when I get home.

yo mama said...

Men. . . ???

heidi said...

I guess I should be happy that Gary's at least aware of the children, even if he forgets to feed, clean and put them to bed.

Anonymous said...

Haha Lisa! That's so funny!!! I don't get it how guys can think that they are "taking care" of the kids when they don't even know where they are or what they are doing!! I posted some pictures of the boys together on my blog! I'll email you them all though, just thought I'd let you know they were up there!

gotta go girl said...

Oh Lisa, good one!

wjhans said...

Hey Lisa! It's Wendy Hanson! I heard about your blog through Natalie and she told me it would make me laugh so I decided I needed a good laugh. Thanks! I will check back often for more laughs. I love the Tom-ism. It really isn't just Tom though. I think it is men in general. Or should I say Fathers in general. I colored my hair dark red from Blondish brown and Troy didn't even notice. He said he would have figured it out eventually. He knew there was something different but he couldn't put his finger on it. What a dork! Let's get together again and have lunch. That was fun. Hugs - Wendy

Anonymous said...

Why is it that sports take over men, they become hypnotic and nothing else matters until the game is over??? I'll never understand...