Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lesson Learned


I learned a very important lesson today. Confucius say, "never try to give cat a shower naked". I have an indoor cat now, I hate animal smells, solution, give the kitty a bath. The older she gets the harder it becomes. I haven't done it in a month or so and decided it was time again when I caught her rolling around in her litter box. I thought about all the times I cuddled with her with her leaping on my face. shudder. Anyhoo, someone told me they took their dogs in the shower to bathe them. It sounded like a good idea. The problem with bathing cats is that they can get away. A shower is confined. It made sense to me. So, naked I became and started the water. I picked her up and walked to the shower. Her senses perked and she started to the bolting process. I jumped in the shower and slammed the door. It was like an atomic super ball exploded. She literally began running up one wall to another and leaping so high she was practically level with my face. I just stood there in shock until her claws dug into my naked bosom. Holy crap, if you've not had a cat hang from your nipple, it is one painful experience, let me tell you. I immediately unhooked her and tossed her out of the shower where she bolted to the furtherest place in the house she could hide and hate me. So, naked and bleeding and scratched everwhere, a light bulb goes on in my head. Never bathe a cat whilst naked in the shower. Is that clear? Crystal.

5 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Oh, Lisa, I laughed so hard I almost blew my cereal onto my computer! Too funny. I've got some bandaids if you need them - they're just a bit on the dark side. Great post, you made my day, now go spray your cat with Febreeze.

Loud Boy said...

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Super funny post. The mental image will forever be engraved in my brain.

mandi said...

Lisa that is HILARIOUS!! Yeah, you really painted a picture. So funny!

biscuit said...

I Don't know what to say.

yo mama said...

Oh my gosh I shudder to even think of it but honestly the visual just cracked me up. Another lesson to be added to my "Life's Lessons . . never bathe a cat while naked in the shower" Check off that one that I don't ever have to try to find out if it is true!!!