Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I need ideas!!

HELP! I need help and ideas for my upcoming primary quarterly activity. We are thinking about doing a "Scripture Stars" sort of activity where the kids are divided into groups and are given a parable to act out. We give them costumes, then we videotape them. That's all we have so far, a basic idea, and I am trying to think out the logistics and need anyones ideas. Since there wouldn't be enough costumes, do they all rehearse then take their turns performing with the costumes while we record? Do the other groups watch the performance? I don't think there is a way to show the DVD that day is there? It would need to be transfered to DVD so when would we show it? Would the kids be bored practicing a play for an hour? Any ideas to make it funner? Is "Scripture Stars" a good name for the activity or does anyone have another name? Our activity is supposed to be on March 3rd, (yeah yeah, typical Lisa procrastination), but I just found out the bishopbric wants the rest of my presidency released right away (long story - i asked for 2 of them released, one is a surprise). So I might have to postpone it, that would give me more time. Should we focus on the scripture aspect or the "movie" aspect? Ideas Ideas Ideas anyone?

4 comments:

yo mama said...

I think that is a cute idea. Why don't you send home a little request with the kids and have them bring their own costume. Might be simple but take a lot of pressure off of you. I would also definitely show the video that day if I were you. That gives them something to look forward to at the end. Give them popcorn & tootsie pops to keep them busy while they watch. No more than 4 groups. Just some ideas but you are way more creative than me!!!!

Jaime said...

Are you the pres? Wow - that is a big job. I think that sounds fun. That's the best way to learn those stories is to have them act it out. Mom's would be willing to help with costumes! Could you hook up the video camera to a tv and watch it right after? Good luck! Let us know how it goes. PS-If you were really a proscrastinater like me, the activity would be tomorrow. You still have like 3 weeks!

sugarbritches said...

You know, I never thought about having them bring a costume. Duh! what a great idea!~ we decided to postpone the activity for a bit to give us more time. My presidency kindly told me that my way of last minute planning is not working for them. WELL!!! See if I procrastinate again!! well...i will, it's my nature. they want to plan a year in advance and i just can't do it. i can "save the date" and a general idea, but to plan our "breakfast with Santa" now? that's hard. I do one thing then move to the next. But I know I'm wrong so I'll try to plan in advance. big babies, have to be organized.

Mooryan said...

make them movie stars? royal treatment? red carpet? might draw away from the point. just a thought.