Sunday, June 04, 2006

My Kids

I think one of life's amazing discoveries is finding out how much you love your kids. When I was young, I only babysat for the money and generally didn't care for the kids. I never liked playing with baby dolls, only slutty Barbies. I always sort of worried I wouldn't like my own kids when I had them. But it's amazing how with each new thing they do you love them more and more. I mean there are THOSE moments where you think of trading them in but all in all, it's amazing getting to know their little personalities and watching them grow up into adults. I never expected to have my entire life revolve around my kids. I dread the day they all leave and move on with their lives even though that's the point of raising them.

3 comments:

Mooryan said...

awww...the tender side of sugarbritches...gives me hope that i won't hate my kids. phew.

heidi said...

Yeah, that's going to be weird when Hillary leaves home. Luckily, Cayden has a long time before he's going anywhere.

nannygoatgruff said...

Lisa, I don't think I have ever heard you so melancholy. Did you just have a sudden rush of love? It was beautiful. I am not making fun of you.