Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lampshade Girl strikes again

You all know I have lampshade/drunk girl syndrome. I get in public I get louder and louder, do and and say more and more weird inappropriate things causing people to think I'm drunk or something. Sunday at primary we got a bunch of new teachers and several of them intimidate me so...drunk girl comes out. First, my sharingtime I made "proclamation cookies". I used an egg and felt the need to announce that I just laid the egg myself. Kids laugh. Adults..blank stares w/crickets chirping. (why did I say that?). Then, i tell them a particular ingredient represents what Mom's do for us. Then I say the second ingredient represents what the Mom does for us. The kids remind me I already said Mom. What do I say? "Whoops, we not GOING there! We'll stick to the traditional family!" GH. Again blank horrified stares. Did I just make a joke about gay marriage in primary? unbelievable. Then I have these stupid tights that for some reason slide down super easy and I spent most of primary trying to yank them up. It's the end of primary and I haven't had time to yank up the tights. Finally I've had it. I'm tired, grouchy and just...done. I give up, let my tights finish their journey downward. When they hit my calves, I just step out of my tights in the middle of the hall and kick them aside like I'm at my home. Frightened stares from all. What did I just do and why? Well I'll be released soon. Maybe it's best. I think it's time for a break. Next week I have to do sharing time again and it's on Adam and Eve. I think I'll go naked wearing fig leaves since that' seems to be my style lately. Let's go out with a bang.

11 comments:

Zachary said...

We are SOOOOO related. Way to make the family proud!

wahwee said...

I want to be a Primary teacher in your ward!! Our presidency is soooo boring. One is really weird. One sharing time she told the kids how she was really sick and couldn't pick up her crying baby ... so an angel did. Now, that's weird. She deserved the horrified looks from the teachers. At least from those that bothered listening.

You might want to check your ward members' blogs and see who is blogging about you.

mandi said...

HAAAAAAAAAA! That is the hilarious. I LOVE the kicking of the tights. You and Paul(he's the Primary Chorister) should get together. His inappropriate behavior gives me a stress headache every Sunday.

I'm jealous of your lampshade syndrome. I wish I would get louder and funnier in those situations. Instead I turn into a frightened kitty and become unable to speak. Or smile. Or act normal in any way.

I talked to one of my friends last night and the first thing she said was, "Ok, who is Sugarbritches??" She noticed your hilarious comments on my blog and then read this post. It made her cry with laughter.

Montgomery Q said...

What? You took off your tights? Are those the same as pantyhose?

I sometimes think I might as well go to church drunk, since I act like I am anyway.

Personal Progress Planners said...

That was awesome Lisa! I laughed so hard!

heidi said...

Who are these weird people??? You are hilarious. They should appreciate the good humor that you're offering them.

gotta go girl said...

Oh Lisa! So funny! I think you subconsciously want to be released! I know exactly the stares you are talking about. I, too, say weird things when I am nervous doing Sharing Time. They just look at me like.....who are you? But I did get a comment from a mom once that she is happy that I am loud because that is what her children are used to. I am not sure if that is a compliment or not! And taking off the tights in the hallway - Classic Lisa. Reminds me of the famous story about someone finding your unmentionables in the hallway at work. Probably an unbloggable story?

Mooryan said...

Lisa, so funny! I agree with Heidi....why would they not find that funny? I have to admit though I would be surprised if I saw someone take their tights off, but then I would be immediately relieved - feeling like I could be much more comfortable around them. I like being in the nursery because the kids are so much more accepting. I can't carry a tune for the life of me, but none of them seem to mind! :)

Anonymous said...

I have another friend that wants to meet you and have you over for dinner sometime. Your hilarity is spreading across the land!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed that sharing time. I so would've laughed at your jokes. I laughed so hard just reading this post.

p.s. I found some pantyhose by the drinking fountain. Now I know who to return them too. - j/k! LOL!!!

Chrissy said...

Please come to church with me.

I don't want to feel so very alone.