Friday, November 03, 2006

Time to watch Dr. Phil!


Being the Mom I have no control over the TV. Everyone else in the family gets first choice, since I'm the one working and they are the ones having fun. However, at 3:00 it's time for Dr. Phil! It's time for me to take a break and actually sit down and enjoy others misfortunes, stupidity, and fun etc. I change the channel and try to make it sound really fun so Cayden won't have a coronary when I change the channel. IT'S TIME FOR DR. PHIL! LET'S WATCH DR. PHIL! To which I get screams and tantrums, "Don't want Dr. Phil! No! Not Dr. Phil!!". Sigh. But the other night I felt I had made progress. Halloween night I was exhausted and I knew he should be too. I tried to get him to sleep, but Hillary was having a party and he was missing it and knew it. Several times he escaped, naked with Buzz Lightyear wings, down to the party, to which I had to tell him to get upstairs because it wasn't THAT kind of party. Finally, the party was over and even Hillary was asleep but Cayden, hopped up on candy wasn't tired. I turned off the TV in hopes he'd sleep. He sat there, then finally patted me on the face with his brilliant idea! "Let's watch Dr. Phil!" Kids say the damndest things.

7 comments:

yo mama said...

That was so cute. I can just see him doing and saying that too. If only that same concept with work with Church too, huh!

heidi said...

I love your comment about it not being THAT kind of party. I can totally imagine him nude with Buzz wings on. So cute.

heidi said...

Speaking of Dr. Phil, did you see the one on Friday? It was too disturbing. I had to keep changing it to Martha so I wouldn't be sick.

Anonymous said...

super funny. i remember my first 'expose' with those buzz wings and rotund little body. pure hilarity. wasn't as cute when i did it though. great post lisa!

sugarbritches said...

Yea I did watch it on Friday, it really WAS disturbing. It was really obvious to me the Dad was lying through his teeth. It was SO upsetting. I also don't understand the Mom. Something is wrong there too, because there is no way social services would just disregard the whole thing. If I really thought abuse was going on I would NEVER have allowed the Dad to take the little girl. This world is too scary.

heidi said...

K. We've got to talk about it Lisa. That guy is TOTALLY lying. I can't wait to see the lie detector results. And the Mom IS weird. I would move if I had to keep my child away from him after all that stuff happened.

sugarbritches said...

Yeah let's talk! I assume you watched it yesterday and today. Holy crap!! He's so scary! What about the wife? She looks totally stupid, but when the little girl kept saying "they", who was "they"? was the wife involved? She was no prize going to bars and smoking while pregnant so was it more than just him? She mostly just looked like a stupid low life who will probably stay with him and pretend she doesn't know. What a scary creepy guy!