Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My favorite cake I've done


I found this picture of one of my favorite cakes I've done. This cake was worthy of a blog since it took me forever to do (about a week to make all the things on the cake) and it transported well (I nearly pooped my pants worrying about it falling. Those of you who recall last years wedding cake tragedy can understand my being gun-shy about tranporting anything other than a sheet cake. This cake was done for a super good friend from UHC (Carol) - actually for her granddaughter for her 16th birthday. My poor kids don't get cake. (Shoemakers kids..yada yada).

8 comments:

Mooryan said...

wow, that is really cool lookin' lisa! like a dr. suess thingy. i love it.

Loud Boy said...

WOW, that is really cool lookin' Lisa! Like a D. Suess thingy. I love it too.

Jaime said...

That is amazing! I am horrible at frosting. I can't even frost a regular cake without getting cake crumbs everywhere - I have no patience! I remember Heidi's wedding cake - that was an awesome one too.

holly fay said...

lisa, that is amazing! it's almost too beautiful to eat. you have a definite talent!

heidi said...

That's awesome. I love it!

sugarbritches said...

If you like that cake, you should see the amazing sugary perfection by my other sister valerie, check out loudboy's log. I am hanging up my hat and bowing down to her!

Pam and Rand said...

Lisa - that is the coolest cake I have ever seen. I am a big fan of your blog and get some good laughs. Thanks.

mandi said...

This cake is absolutely AMAZING! Your cakes are so artistic and beautiful AND delicious!! I am so impressed by your talent.

It makes me sad about my own pathetic cake decorating. So thanks for making me sad, Lisa.